Dr. YORDAN K. ZHEKOV, PhD, MProf, MSc, MTh, MA, BTh
RESUME – BRIEF SUMMARY
- 2018 Master in Professional Studies – Health (MProf). Psychological, psychotherapeutic and counselling dynamics in exploring treatment development for drug and alcohol support services. Middlesex University, London.
- 2012 Master of Science in Addiction Psychology and Counselling (MSc) /Merit/, London South Bank University, London, England
- 2006 Doctor of Science (DSc) (Theology) /Summa Cum Laude/, University of Ljubljana, Catholic Faculty of Theology, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2003 Post-Graduate Research in New Testament Studies, University of Oxford, Faculty of Theology, Oxford Theological Exchange Program, Oxford, England
- 2001 Master of Arts in Biblical Studies (MA) /Distinction/, University of Leeds& Oxford Centre for Mission Studies, Leeds & Oxford, England
- 1999 Master of Theology (MTh) /Summa Cum Laude/, Evangelical Theological Seminary, Osijek, Croatia
- 1997 Bachelor of Theology (BTh) /Summa Cum Laude/, Evangelical Theological Seminary, Osijek, Croatia
- 1996 Post Diploma Term Scholarship, Continental Theological Seminary, Brussels, Belgium
- 1995 Three Year Diploma in Bible and Theology, Sofia Bible Institute, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2014 Pearson Edexcel Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management (QCF). Oaklands College. Awarded: May 2014
- 2014 National Counsellor Accreditation Certificate (NCAC). The Federation of Drug and Alcohol Practitioners (FDAP) and the Substance Misuse Management Good Practice (SMMGP). Accredited on 11/11/2014. Renewed on 11/11/17.
- 2013 Certificate of Registration. Registered Counsellor Member Accredited Supervisor. The Association of Christian Counsellor (ACC). Professional Standard Authority. Renewed on 27/09/18.
- 2017 Registration Certificate. Registrant on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. August 2018.
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- 2018 SDS Accreditation in Clinical Supervision Level 2 (Assessed Academic Competence). SDS Seminars Ltd. This course is a Module of the BPS Approved Certificates in Resource Based Therapies and Motivational Interviewing. 28-29/08/18.
- 2018 Belonging and Connectivity in the Digital Age conference covering topics such as Psychosexual therapy; Autism; dealing with child abuse. Mosaic Counselling Services, The Albany Centre and Signpost. 28/03/18.
- 2018 Behavioural addictions (pornography): What do we know? Webinar organised by SMMGP/ FDAP. 20 February 2018.
- 2018 Young People and Their Mental Health. The University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen and University of Cambridge. Future Learn. 15/01/18-18/02/18
- 2018 Player-Centred Coaching. Deakin University, Australia. Future Learn. 15/01/18-28/01/17.
- 2018 Sexual addiction and compulsivity. what are the issues? Webinar organised by SMMGP/FDAP. 09/01/18.
- 2018 Understanding depression and low mood in young people. University of Reading. Future Learn. 11/12/17-14/01/18.
- 2017 Opioid substitution treatment and dose optimisation: how to get it right. Webinar organised by SMMGP/ FDAP. 23rd November 2017.
- 2017 Coaching in the Knowledge Era. Deakin University, Australia. Future Learn. 13/11/71-26/11/17.
- 2017 Leadership Coaching through Turbulent Times: Playing with eFIRE. Queensland University of Techonology (QUT). Brisbane, Australia. Future Learn. 02/101/17-22/10/17.
- 2017 So you want me to prescribe dexamphetamine? What makes a specialist NMP in the modern day substance misuse services. Webinar organised by SMMGP/FDAP. 12 October 2017.
- 2017 Novel Psychoactive Substances: sharing prison and community experiences and good practice. Webinar organised by SMMGP/ FDAP. 5th October 2017.
- 2017 The Foundation for Infant Loss Accredited Provider Training Course. FEDANT Accredited Course. ACA Recognized Professional Development. 1 October 2017.
- 2017 Essential Supervision Skills. Certificate in Clinical Supervision approved by the BPS (British Psychological Society), the only UK psychology and psychotherapy body established by Royal Charter and one of the primary national leads in determining national recommendation on clinical supervision across a range of groups. 7th and 8th of June, 2017.
- 2017 Working with Behavioural Addiction (Gambling). Webnar organised by SMMGP. 01/06/17.
- 2017 Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance. Monash University. Future Learn. 06/02/17-19/03/17.
- 2017 The Science of Nutrition. The Open University. Future Learn. 09/01/17-05/02/17.
- 2017 Doctoral Student Development: Short Course in Learning, Teaching and Assessment. Centre for Academic Practice Enhancement. Middlesex University. Awarded on 27/01/17.
- 2016 Psychology and Mental Health. University of Liverpool. Future Learn. 6 week course completed on 25/12/16.
- 2016 Food as Medicine. Monash University. Future Learn. 24/10/16 - 13/11/16.
- 2016 Nutrition and Wellbeing. University of Aberdeen. Future Learn. 05/09/16 - 02/10/16.
- 2016 Understanding Anxiety, Depression and CBT. University of Reading. Future Learn. 5 week course completed on 27/08/16.
- 2016 Health and Wellbeing Interactive. World Class Health and Safety Solutions. 12/08/16.
- 2016 Psychologically Informed Environments. Homeless link. 19/07/16.
- 2016 Trauma Informed Care (Introduction to complex trauma & trauma informed care). Homeless link. 29/07/16.
- 2016 Mental Health Legislation Interactive. World Class Health and Safety Solutions. 25/05/16.
- 2016 Understanding Drugs and Addiction. Kings College London. Future Learn. 14/03/16 -17/04/16.
- 2016 Drug and Alcohol Awareness. Drug Link. Specialist Substance Misuse Services. 02/03/2016.
- 2016 Leading a Workplace Coaching Strategy (based on Solution Focused Brief Therapy). Hertfordshire Care Providers Association (HCPA) 12th and 26th January 2016.
- 2015 Listening Skills and Motivational Interviewing. Recovery Integration Training Education. 24 September 2015.
- 2017 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. Defining the New Testament Logia on Divorce and Remarriage in a Pluralistic Context. Kindle Edition. 6th August 2017.
- 2017 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. Eschatology of Ephesians. Theologia Evangelica Biblica. Vol. 2. Kindle Edition. 6th August 2017.
- 2013 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. Conscience in Recovery from Alcohol Addiction: Exploring the Role of Spirituality in Conscientious Transformation. Foreword by Geoffrey M. Stephenson. (378 pages). Eugene, Oregon: Resource Publications, 2013.
- 2009 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. Defining the New Testament Logia on Divorce and Remarriage in a Pluralistic Context. (414 pages). Eugene, Oregon: PickwickPublications, 2009.
- 2005 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. Eschatology of Ephesians.(286 pages). Theologia Evangelica Biblica. Vol. 2. Osijek: Evangelical Theological Seminary, 2005.
- 2005 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. The Rise of Hierarchical Leadership: Historical and Theological Survey of the Formation and Development of the Hierarchical Leadership in the New Testament and Early Church. (70 pages). [online]. Available at www.evtos.hr/en/publications/. Published on 30 June 2005.
- 2005 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. Origins and Development of the Two Aeons Concept. (46 pages). [online]. Available at www.evtos.hr/en/publications/. Published on 19 August 2005.
- 2004 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. Priručnik za istraživanje i pisanje: Vodičza izvođenje zadataka čitanja i pisanja studenata dodiplomskih i postdiplomskih nivoa. (233 pages). Osijek: Evanđeoski Teološki Fakultet, 2004.
- 2001 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. Manual for Research and Writing: A Guide for the Performance of Reading and Writing Assignments for the Students of Undergraduate and Graduate Levels. (239 pages). Osijek: Izvori, 2001.
Recent chapters in edited books:
- 2012 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. “Paul for Today: A Re-formed Life: In Christ, of One Spirit and Always Thankful.” In Light for Our Path 2013. Edited by Kate Hughes. 213-219. Birmingham: International Bible Reading Association, 2012.
- 2011 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. “1 Corinthians: The Wisdom of God.” In Light for Our Path 2012. Edited by Kate Hughes. 101-107. Birmingham: International Bible Reading Association, 2011.
- 2017 Zhekov, Yordan K. To stress or to rest? Counselling Directory 19th December 2017. Retrieved from http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/counsellor-articles/to-stress-or-to-rest
- 2015 Zhekov, Yordan K. “Conscientious Recovery: Towards Conscience Therapy for Addiction.” Intervene 155, 2015, 38-39.
- 2015 Zhekov, Yordan. Book review of “Creatures of a Day” by Irvin D. Yalom. Intervene 154, 2015, 63.
- 2014 Zhekov, Yordan. Book review of “Treating Substance Abuse – Theory and Technique” edited by Scott T. Walters and Fredrick Rotgers. Intervene 149, April/May 2014, 68.
- 2013 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. “Conscience Empowerment as a Solution for Addiction Related Attentional Bias and Automaticity.” Plērōma XV/1 (2013): 187-203.
- 2013 Zhekov, Yordan. Book review of “Cognitive Therapy for Addictions” by Amy Wenzel, Bruce Liese, Aaron Beck, Dara Fiedman-Wheeler. Addiction Today 24, March/April 2013, 37.
- 2012 Zhekov, Yordan. Book review of “Group Work in Addictions” edited by Robert Hill and Jennifer Harris. Addiction Today 23, July/August 2012, 36.
- 2011 Zhekov, Yordan. Book review of “Double Trouble in Recovery” by Howard Vogel. Addiction Today 21, March/April 2011, 36.
- 2010 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. “The Eschatology of Ephesians.” Plērōma XII/2 (December, 2010): 211-230.
- 2010 Zhekov, Yordan Kalev. and Constantineanu, Corneliu. “‘The Presence of the Future:’ The Eschatological Framework of the New Testament.” Plērōma XII/2 (December, 2010): 15-47.
RESEARCH INTERESTS: Psychology, Counselling, Addiction, Conscience, Spirituality, Biblical Studies, New Testament, Hermeneutics, Eschatology, Christian Perspective on Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage, Christian Spirituality, Christian Leadership.